The Perfect Steak
By Tim Jones
Pan searing the perfect steak is wayyy easier than you'd think. Follow our easy tips and you'll become a pro in no time.
Ingredients1 Steak - sirloin, ribeye or striploin
2 tablesp. rapeseed oil
Salt and cracked black pepper
A knob of butter
2 cloves of garlic
1. Remove your steaks from the fridge about 30 minutes before you plan to cook to allow them to slowly come up to room temperature. Pat your steaks dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat your frying pan over high heat, once up to temperature add your oil
3. When your oil moves freely in the pan, add your steak to the pan and sear both sides of your steak. For Rare Steak, cook for 2 and a half minutes per side. For Medium Rare, cook for 3 and a half minutes per side. For Medium, cook for 4 minutes per side. For Medium Well, cook for 5 minutes per side. For Well Done, cook for 6 minutes per side.
4. When there is 1 minute left in your cooking time, add your butter and garlic and slowly baste your steak in the butter with a spoon.
5. Once cooked to your preference, remove the steak to your cutting board, cover with tin foil and rest for 5 minutes.