Breakfast Baps with Bacon, Scrambled Egg and Chilli Jam
By Tim Jones
These bacon-filled baps are packed full of flavour and protein with a spicy twist. What better way to start your day?
2 knobs of butter
6 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and black pepper
1-2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
4 tbsp vinegar
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Vegetables to garnish
1. To make the Chilli Jam, add the red chillies into a food processor with garlic and vinegar, blend until pureed.
2. Add to a saucepan with chopped tomatoes and brown sugar. Simmer gently for an hour. Stir occasionally.
3. Take off the heat, add chopped coriander to taste, and check for seasoning. Allow to cool before storing in the fridge.
4. Add your rashers to a pan over medium high heat and cook for 7 minutes or until crispy.
5. Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan and add the lightly beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time, until the eggs are just set.
6. Slice and toast the baps. Put a spoonful of relish on the bottom half of each bap, divide the scrambled eggs between the four baps, then add the rashers. Add your favourite vegetables like red onion or bell pepper, and finally the tops of the baps. Enjoy!